- Isn’t Europe already a “Christian” society?
Humanistic philosophies have replaced Christianity in the last century. Europe is now the only continent with a decreasing number of believers (Operation World 2010).
- What qualifications do I need to teach English?
If English is your first language and you have a growing relationship with Christ, then you’re qualified!
- When do the majority of camps take place?
The majority of our camps happen in July and August, with a few in winter and spring.
- How much time should I plan to be away from home?
Each camp requires about two weeks for travel and ministry.
- How much financial support will I need to raise?
Round trip airfare to Europe/Middle East and camp (in-country) expenses. See Cost of Trip for detailed information on camp costs.
- Is training provided beforehand?
Yes. Team members commit to attending one training weekend in May or June.
- How do I get an application form?
Contact our office by email or phone, or print it from our website
- Do I have to raise support?
Yes, all of the short-term and career missionaries with International Messengers raise support. Please call or use the "contact" link on the main menu above to inquire about current camp costs.
- Do I need to be an English Major or an English Teacher?
No, the majority of the people that are a part of the English Language Camp staff are just "regular folk." They are not English Majors or English teachers. The camps are very conversational English in nature so there is no need for you to have a teaching background.
- What are the requirements to be a part of this ministry?
To qualify for acceptance as a part of the International Messengers ministry, you must have a heart for friendship-based evangelism, be a native English speaker, have a vital and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and have a love for those who don't know Him.
- Can my family come with me?
Yes, parents can bring children along. Please call or use the "contact" link on the main menu above to inquire about current camp costs.
- What kind of help do you offer in raising support?
There is information available in your Preparation Packet when you apply and you can also find out more about raising support by reading "Building a Support Team".
- How long are the trips?
The majority of the trips are 14 days in length which allows working people to only need to take 10 days off from their jobs in order be a part of this life-changing ministry.
- Can I fulfill a college internship with International Messengers?
Yes, internships are available from four weeks to 18 months. We will work out the details with each individual.
- How can my church send an adult team?
International Messengers is committed to helping churches make a difference in world missions. If you think your church would be interested in this type of outreach, please download the Church Missions team brochure.